As a bride to be meeting all expectations of everyone is so difficult. I think this is one reason why and how a beautiful blushing bride can transform so quickly into a "bridezilla" (not that I have ever met one, I have been so lucky with my brides!). Do not wear yourself out though worrying about other people who may have a small part of involvement. Not only will you cause yourself anxiety, but you can also cause yourself to have stress "breakouts" and other skin changes which may cause your makeup to look less than perfect! And let's face it (PUN INTENDED!)....YOU are the STAR of your Wedding, YOU need to look perfect!
Just a few tips to help remind you to focus more on you and keeping your stress levels to a minimum coming at ya NOW!
1. TAKE A HOT BATH or jump into the spa, on a regular basis! The heat from the water will not only relax tight and aching muscles, but the steam from the water will help open your pores and release the impurities from your skin giving you a smoother, brighter complexion! Not to mention it is the best form of relaxation (especially when you light a few lavender scented candles)!
2. MEDITATE OR PRAY. Keeping yourself spiritually grounded no matter what you believe in, helps keep your mind clear of negativity and clutter. Plus it is hugely relaxing and helps keep your mind sharp and focused and breathing deeply gives your blood and cells higher boosts of oxygen (which clears your skin as well!)
3. DRINK LOTS OF WATER and little to no alcohol. Drinking water is one of the most important things you can do for your health and well being. It not only keeps you hydrated, but it also cleanses toxins and other "nasties" from your system giving you a glow from the inside out! And who doesn't want to GLOW (especially for their wedding!)! Alcohol on the other hand, is a depressant and slows down all vitals and dehydrates your body, all of which you want to AVOID during the lead up to your wedding!
4. EXERCISE and keep moving! Unlike alcohol which is a depressant, exercise is known to release euphoric good feelings! Upping your pre-wedding workout routine is a MUST for brides to be, and you don't have to do it alone! Get one (or all) of your bridesmaids to keep you motivated and get fit with you. Go for walks together to do planning, head to the gym to release some tension or have a PJ/ZUMBA party to keep the fun happening!
5. REMEMBER TO CONNECT WITH YOUR FIANCE! The months, weeks and days leading up to the wedding can sometime start to blend into one big jumbled mess and finding time to spend with the one you love the most (your groom to be) can sometimes take a backseat position on your list of priorities, but you cannot let it! Schedule a day or two a week where you both take some time and go on a date, or spend a night in with a movie and some popcorn. Sometimes talking about your anxiety together can help ease the stress and help you to relax a bit if you are both on the same page. Weathering the pre-nuptial anxiety together can have a lasting effect on the marriage to come!